Frequently Asked Questions
Shutdowns Australia is an online community, supported by the team at MyPass Global, for workers in the Australian resources industry. We cover three key areas within the industry; jobs, news and community. New job opportunities can be discovered in the Shutdowns Australia Jobs Board explained below. We provide regular industry news updates on mining, energy, resources, renewables, oil, gas and much more. Our community gets first access to new information through our newsletter as one of 20 000+ followers across Facebook and LinkedIN.
The Australian Shutdown Jobs Board shows roles open for applications in current or upcoming shutdown projects across Australia. It allows you to search for specific jobs or certain dates and then apply for those roles. When applying, information regarding pay rates, location, start and end dates, required skills and job descriptions are available.
The Australian Shutdown Jobs Board is an interactive feature. To use it follow these steps:
- Use the Search Tool to search for specific job titles and roles (Skip to step 3)
- Select individual dates on the Board and a dropdown will appear showing all the available roles on that day
- Select a role you are interested in and it will direct you to a page containing information such as pay rates, employer, dates, location, required skills and job description.
- If available, select “Login to Apply” and create a free MyPass profile in order to apply for that role.
MyPass profiles allows workers to self-manage their qualifications, tickets and experience through their free account. The online profile allows secure storage of worker qualifications, tickets, licences and work history in one place, making data accessible in real-time. Rather than repeatedly gathering and sending the same information for employers, this information is stored on your profile for easier access, this includes:
- Contact details
- Job classification(s)
- CV / Resume
- Proof of ID
- Qualifications / Certificates, Tickets, Licences
- Employment history
The companies managing each project are responsible for the recruitment process of applications made through Shutdowns Australia. Shutdowns Australia have zero input on this process and only play the role of connecting workers and employers through the MyPass platform. If you experience issues with your MyPass Work Passport, please contact email@example.com
The Shutdowns Australia community connects over 20 000 Australian workers. To join our community for regular job, industry and news updates you can: