How COVID-19 will Impact Shutdown Workers
March 19th, 2020
We want to make sure all of our SDA followers are receiving the same information regarding Coronavirus COVID-19. Last week we sent out a newsletter to our mail subscriber which included essential information regarding how Shutdown workers will be impacted by the current situation and where you can source trusted information.
You can start by watching this video from the Australian Government Department of Health on “Staying Informed” about COVID-19 during this pandemic.
- At this time no announcements have been made by major mining, oil or gas companies on reducing staff numbers on-site
- In some instances, companies have had to isolate workers after they presented with flu-like symptoms on-site. This occurred with Chevron, CITIC Pacific Mining and South32.
- Fortescue’s CEO announced the company plans to continue their operations as per the existing production schedule.
- Workers are being encouraged to avoid spreading rumours throughout industry or unions of a mass lockdown which would cause major operational changes.
- Department of Health, Australian Federal Government
- Western Australian Government
- NSW Department of Health
- Queensland Government Health
- SA Health, Government of South Australia
- Health.VIC, Victorian State Government
- Department of Health, Northern Territory
- Department of Health, Tasmanian Government
- ACT Government Health
The Australian Government Department of Health have also released a series of other short videos explaining how you can best respond to the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you want to receive information like this first-hand, you can subscribe to our SDA newsletter on our homepage here.